It’s hard to believe that my little blog is 10 years old today. What started as a little hobby which I expected to peter out within 2 or 3 weeks grew into something of a monster.
I’d just like to say thank-you to everyone who has ever read or commented on the blog and especially all those who have kept with it through the years. It’s been lovely to meet and get to know you all a little and made the thousands of hours of blogging worth it.
I’m followed by all sorts of people, freedom fighters, universities, governments and institutions which is all a bit humbling.
Thanks to blogging I’ve managed to create my own very successful London and U.K. based tours company in the shape of Ye Olde England Tours and write a number of magazine and newspaper articles as well as create a few best-selling books in their respective fields as well as opening doors to radio and television.
I can’t guarantee I will still be blogging in another 10 years though I would like to preserve it somehow whenever the end comes. For now though, I thought I would share again 10 of the most popular posts each with tens and sometimes hundreds of thousands of views.
- Virgin: The best complaint letter in the world
- 102 great words that aren’t in English but should be!
- 10 of the most oppressed minorities around the world
- I Am The Army – The Incredible Story of William Brydon
- How football sounds to people that just don’t care
- Poetry from the Trenches
- The tragedy of Smalls Lighthouse
- Did Jesus Christ visit England?
- Getting lost in the world of maps
- History of social classes and does class matter?