We’re all so used to being busy and not fully appreciating the many wonderful things in this world that admittedly often get overshadowed by the terrible. Time is always moving onwards and our time on this Earth is infinite but how many times in a life time do we stop to watch the sunrise, admire a full moon or stand in the middle of a forest in a pouring rain listening to the downpour on the canopy above.
How many times do we actually take the time to tell those that we love that we love them and why we love them. I’d like to think I do that a lot. In fact sometimes I’m told that I say almost too many nice things or even that I don’t have to keep complimenting people.
These are the 100 things I love most about my wife. I wrote the list a few days ago and isn’t about the big and obvious things but just some of the little things that made me the happiest man on the planet. Before I met my wife I just existed but didn’t really live, like a barren rocky waste-land in the desert just waiting patiently for 100 years for the rains to come and bring out all the flowers in a blaze of glory and joie de vivre.
1. Your beautiful face
2. That pretty smile
3. Your bright eyes that sparkle like diamonds.
4. That special face you make when you see I’m looking at you lovingly.
5. The way your wrinkle your nose when you’re being silly.
6. How your nose is soft and velvety.
7. How you look beautifully naturally without any make-up.
8. How you have a sophisticated and not at all common way of dressing.
9. Your voice, it’s beautiful.
10. The way we can have a complete conversation of made up words that no-one else understands.
11. Amma and Opasa 🙂
12. Your have the nicest and longest hair
13. Better legs than Beyonce 🙂
14. Sometimes when a car stops outside on the street and I look through the curtains and a young lady gets out and I think to myself “She is a really pretty girl”… and it’s you 🙂
15. Pinching of cheeks, only you do that as a sign of love.
17. How you cut my sandwiches into triangles.
18. How you take care for me better than anyone I’ve ever met.
19. How you genuinely do things just to be nice to me.
20. Jumping into bed!
21. You make the best sunday roasts ever
22. How you make all the meals from scratch and they all taste wonderful.
23. How you get all excited about cakes and sweeties and how you love baking.
24. Emergency cuddles when walking along the street.
25. How we still hold hands everywhere, all the time.
26. Living on me.
27. Having nani’s on the sofa
28. How you do that special laugh when you get surprised.
29. How you keep asking me to do my impressions or new jokes.
30. How happy you are when I come home from work.
31. How happy you are to see me when you come home from work.
32. That you’re not commercially orientated.
33. Summer BBQs, they’re the best.
34. How we can have fun doing the most mundane things together.
35. Cinema days at home with the home made food buffet 🙂
36. You have such a nice sense of style.
37. You’re the most cuddly person I’ve ever met.
38. Picnics in the summer and hot drinks by the canal in winter.
40. That you like history and culture
41. You’re clever.
42. You’re kind and generous and help people.
43. You always put me first.
44. How excited when you get when a food delivery comes.
45. How happy and sociable you get when people come round.
46. How you always supported me when I worked for the worst companies imaginable.
47. How you always support me and encourage me to live my dreams.
48. For believing in me in my writing.
49. Telling me to work for myself even if I might never make any money from it.
50. Working long hours in London so that I don’t have to.
51. How easily you (and I) are both entertained.
52. Looking at houses in the country that we could buy but don’t as we’re too sensible.
53. How our dream holiday cottage abroad moves depending on our holidays.
54. How we could happily live anywhere in the country with no other requirements.
55. How you say so long as we have each other, that’s all that matters.
56. How you look after me when I’m sick.
57. How you always try to cheer me up when I’m sad.
58. How you looked after me when Mama died.
59. How you made Mama happy when you married me as she knew how special you are.
60. How you love comedies.
62. Even if they’re bad!
64. How you’re a softie that gets upset in sad films.
65. English tea-parties!
66. How you never give up.
67. How you make me wish I was more like you.
68. How you make me realise I am better than what I think.
69. How you love me.
70. How you can spend hours happily browsing the internet for clothes to buy and not buy any.
71. How you give money to charity and needy people on the street.
72. How if we go to a buffet, no matter how much you’ve eaten, you always find room for dessert.
73. And second helpings of dessert.
74. How you love the countryside and mountains.
75. How nice it is to feel your skin.
76. The smell that you have, I recognise it anywhere and I love it.
78. How you think I’m funny.
79. How you get excited about the little things.
80. How we spend most of our lives laughing.
81. Others must spend all their weekends doing things and meeting others but we just enjoy each others company.
82. How you sometimes treat me with expensive but wacky holiday purchases.
83. How you love all the gifts I buy you… even if you might not really.
84. How after all these years we’re still like newly weds.
85. You put up with my peculiarities.
86. How you say you’re proud of me.
87. I love how much I love you.
88. No matter how bad things in life can be, you can make me feel special.
89. How sometimes you come home from work stressed out and 5 minutes with me and you’re happy again.
90. How you do your fashion parades.
91. How you listen to my opinion about things and think I’m clever.
92. Even on what clothes you’re wearing to work each day.
93. How you come back from the kitchen having made a cup of tea but also bring me back cheese or chocolate as a little surprise.
94. How you made me appreciate life again.
95. How I’ve never been so happy since I’ve been with you.
96. What a beautiful colour you are. Olive 🙂
97. How you love watching all the old TV shows that I grew up with.
98. Simple food treats like cheese on toast turn into major events in our house!
99. How we both care for the environment, the planet, people and animals like few others do.
100. How we’d give our lives for each other.
101. That you’re so wonderful I could easily write another 100 things I love about you.